Artropolis and other stuff















This is a new piece. "Greenland - ice and water"
It's 18" x 24" and is encaustic and digital on panel. ©2008

I spent the weekend in Chicago at Artropolis.
I saw a lot of work I liked and a lot that seemed dull. Was
grabbed by work at Sundaram Tagore, especially Sohan Qadri's beautiful
dyed paper pieces.

I was surprised by how little encaustic there was at either Art Chicago
or the Next show. I did enjoy Martin Kline's large scale encaustic at
Jason McCoy.

I also visited Woman Made Gallery. I am jurying a show there with Lynda
Cole. Here's the call for entry for One Planet, One Experiment. I will be
having a solo show there this fall as well.


Comments

lynda cole said…
Leslie, really good monochromatic (almost) colors again. BTW, do you know that Sohan Qadri's work is featured on the cover of Asian Art News this month?

Popular posts from this blog

upcoming events

Waxing Lyrical images

Stop SOPA/PIPA