Monday, April 28, 2008

Artropolis and other stuff















This is a new piece. "Greenland - ice and water"
It's 18" x 24" and is encaustic and digital on panel. ©2008

I spent the weekend in Chicago at Artropolis.
I saw a lot of work I liked and a lot that seemed dull. Was
grabbed by work at Sundaram Tagore, especially Sohan Qadri's beautiful
dyed paper pieces.

I was surprised by how little encaustic there was at either Art Chicago
or the Next show. I did enjoy Martin Kline's large scale encaustic at
Jason McCoy.

I also visited Woman Made Gallery. I am jurying a show there with Lynda
Cole. Here's the call for entry for One Planet, One Experiment. I will be
having a solo show there this fall as well.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslie, really good monochromatic (almost) colors again. BTW, do you know that Sohan Qadri's work is featured on the cover of Asian Art News this month?