Monday, May 16, 2011

Immersed and other events

I have a piece in Game ShowNYC. This interactive exhibition is at the Macy Gallery at Teachers College, Columbia University NY. If you're in the area the opening reception is Friday May 27. Unfortunately I won't get there but I'm thrilled to be part of it. More on the show at the organizers' blog.

More locally I've got new work at WSG and Artistica. And on this Thursday May 19th is the reception for the Immersed exhibition at the Gallery at the Duderstadt Center, University of Michigan. This water themed show ties in with the UM water semester and features Kathi Reister's photography and sound installations and my encaustic paintings and monotypes.

Fjord, Ice & Water, encaustic, digital & mixed media, 28 x 40" ©2011


Rippled, encaustic, digital & mixed media, 24 x 32" ©2011


Wingaersheek Ripples I, digital and encaustic monotype, 16 x 20", ©2011


Immersed, installation view w/sound dome

Immersed, installation view


Wingaersheek Ripples XIV, digital and encaustic monotype, 16 x 20", ©2011


Wingaersheek Ripples XIII, digital and encaustic monotype, 16 x 20", ©2011

Ripples & Lilypads, encaustic, digital & mixed media, 24 x 24" ©2011

Photography of art by Anne Savage, whose work I cannot recommend highly enough. The installation views were taken by me.

No comments: